Are you content?
Someone asked me that the other day, and the answer is I have no idea. I am but I am not. I never stop trying to make myself be better or do better. I think sometime last year forgot how to be myself.
I don’t normally do “resolutions”, mostly because who actually sticks to those. However, I was inspired to jot some goals down. Not long term goal but short term goals, something to keep me focused in a time of chaos.
- more time with Baby J (park days, outing, exploring, or crafts)
- blog more
- travel somewhere and explore something new at least once a month
- start a travel blog
- get back to working out (I have slacked since October and I miss it) and of course eating healthy again. This one has already begun
- read 150-200 books this year (long term obviously… probably lol)
- start a budget for said books
- laugh a little more (more time with friends)
- last but not least I would like to sing again even if it is a karaoke night
Whew you would have thought that short list would not have taken me two days to think about. So I will go back to my original question. Am I content? Yes I think I am BUT I will not keep from pushing myself to be better for me and my son.
Here’s where I think people get little lost. Contentment shouldn’t be confused for settling, no matter what that looks like for you (relationships, jobs, material things) Settling is NO good for anyone! So if you are settling don’t. If you are content, good for you! If you are a little lost like I was don’t panic, start a list of goals.
REMEMBER fortune favors the bold!